SWEDEN'S 2012 OSCAR ENTRY!
In the middle of a dark December night, psychiatrist Erik Maria Bark is woken by a telephone call from a hospital in Stockholm. Detective Inspector Joona Linna asks for his immediate help in treating an unconscious patient suffering from acute trauma.
But it has been ten years since Erik last practised hypnosis, and he has promised never to do it again. Painful memories from that time make their presence felt, contributing to his decision not to help the police.
When Erik finally allows himself to be persuaded, it is as if the floodgates have been opened to a torrent of unforeseen happenings. Without warning this violent and inexplicable course of events impacts with full force on Erik’s life. His son disappears, and to have a chance of saving his life, Erik has to confront himself with the past, with the times when his research-work was laid in ruins and his marriage seemed on the verge of collapsing.
The upcoming thriller, based on the international best-seller by Lars Kepler and starring Mikael Persbrandt, Lena Olin and Tobias Zilliacus, is the first Swedish film in 25 years by acclaimed director Lasse Hallström.
- Original Title: Hypnotisören
- Country of Origin: Sweden
- Production Year: 2012
- First Release: September 28, 2012
- Language: Swedish
- Genre: Thriller
- Format: 1:2,35 Cinemascope
- Sound: Dolby Digital
- Duration: 122 min
- Director: Lasse Hallström
- Production: AB Svensk Filmindustri in collaboration with Sonet Film AB, Filmpool Nord/Per-Erik Svensson
- Producer: Börje Hansson, Peter Possne & Bertil Ohlsson
- Cast: Mikael Persbrandt, Tobias Zilliacus, Lena Olin, Oscar Pettersson, Anna Azcarate, Jonatan Bökman, Helena af Sandeberg, Eva Melander, Gustaf Levin, Ulf Eklund
- Director of Photography: Mattias Montero
Story Adaption: Paolo Vacirca & Lasse Hallström
- Based on: International best-seller "The Hypnotist" by Lars Kepler
- Editor: Thomas Täng sfk, Sebastian Amundsen sfk
- Production Designer: Lasse Westfelt
- Casting: Imor Hermann
- Line Producer: Serina Björnbom
- Costume Design: Karin Sundvall
- Make-up Artist: Jenny Fred
- Composer: Oscar Fogelström
- Sound design: Bo Persson, Aleksander Karshikoff
- Stills Photographer: Fredrik Hjerling, Alexandra Aristarhova
- Copyright: © 2012 AB Svensk Filmindustri, Sonet Film AB, Filmpool Nord AB. All rights reserved.